Christianity--Not a Religion, it;'s a Relationship Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jun 10, 2006 at 03:02 PM

I really don't understand why people categorize Christianity as a "religion." True Christianity is about having a relationship with Jesus Christ. The term Christ (Greek origins) has the same meaning as the Hebrew word Messiah.

Because I love Jesus then what he tells me in His Word is how I govern my life. In life we have relationships of various kinds. As a parent, we expect our children to love & obey us. A good parent cares for, nurtures, instructs their children. In a marital relationship we look out for the well being of our spouse, offer advise when needed, strive to meet the needs of our husband/wife.

Why is it so hard to understand that being a "real" Christian is about the same principles? Jesus said "IF you love me, keep my commandments." If you're not afraid to stand up for Jesus let's hear from you.

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 7Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 22, 2006 at 05:13 AM

veganbeauty write:
    I could get lengthy here but I will only say this. Praise God for other brothers and sisters in the Lord who understand this basic truth. Christianity is absolutely NOT a religion...it IS a relationship! Thank you for your candor! You are a blessing!
    .. a big AMEN to those remarks.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 21, 2006 at 06:25 PM

I could get lengthy here but I will only say this. Praise God for other brothers and sisters in the Lord who understand this basic truth. Christianity is absolutely NOT a religion...it IS a relationship! Thank you for your candor! You are a blessing!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 08, 2006 at 12:27 PM

I so totally agree with you Peach. I have reached a point where I would rather be called a follower of Jesus than a Christian because the meaning of what a Christian has changed from what it was in the first century.

If I were to describe myself & spirituality it would be that "I am living a life of holiness, I am a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ & follow the doctrine as taught by the apostles he personally chose, having a Pentecostal experience."
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 08, 2006 at 12:01 PM

APEACHFORYOU write:
    I believe there is a huge difference in those who have a religion and someone who is spiritual. That is why you have those who profess a religion and may even attend services alot but they are not spiritual. They tend to have alot of vices. I say focus on the truth and have a close relationship with Jesus.
    ...i completly agree !..the scribes and pharisees who opposed jesus were religious, i.e judaism..but they were not spiritual.but if you have a close relationship with jesus, then you will be spiritual.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2006 at 11:26 AM

I believe there is a huge difference in those who have a religion and someone who is spiritual. That is why you have those who profess a religion and may even attend services alot but they are not spiritual. They tend to have alot of vices. I say focus on the truth and have a close relationship with Jesus.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 11, 2006 at 10:31 AM

A2J1953 write:
    I really don't understand why people categorize Christianity as a "religion." True Christianity is about having a relationship with Jesus Christ. The term Christ (Greek origins) has the same meaning as the Hebrew word Messiah.
    Because I love Jesus then what he tells me in His Word is how I govern my life. In life we have relationships of various kinds. As a parent, we expect our children to love & obey us. A good parent cares for, nurtures, instructs their children. In a marital relationship we look out for the well being of our spouse, offer advise when needed, strive to meet the needs of our husband/wife.
    Why is it so hard to understand that being a "real" Christian is about the same principles? Jesus said "IF you love me, keep my commandments." If you're not afraid to stand up for Jesus let's hear from you.
    yes thats right, it is a relationship with god our father, through jesus our brother, who is the son of god thus making us co sons of god with him, but the rulers of this world have worked hard for a long time convincing the world at large that christianity is like any other religion ,which it definatly is not.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 11, 2006 at 04:15 AM

A2J1953 write:
    >>>>>>>>>>>hello maam ! nice to see a post from a christian lady on the board....what you have written is true in essence. BUT ! in practice becomes very difficult for some because ot our FLESHLY bodies and CARNAL minds which fight against the things of the SPIRIT...the apostle PAUL would agree with what you have written BUT he noticed ANOTHER LAW in the physical part of him which inpelled him to do things he did not want to do and stopped him from doing the things he wanted to do..so with his mind he served the law of GOD BUT with his body the law of SIN..(ROMANS 7:19)..and ALL of us have that same problem ...JESUS said "the SPIRIT is willing but the flesh is WEAK "..however what we cannot do fully ,JESUS has already done for us, so by FAITH in what he did justifies us before GOD..YOU ASK WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHAT BEING A CHRISTIAN IS ALL ABOUT ? ,well maam the answer is that after JESUS has sown the seed in the earth(our hearts) and LIGHT in our understanding SATAN comes along and sows other seeds and TEACHINGS which darkens peoples understanding, and leads people away from a correct understanding of the truth as it is in JESUS..never the less maam despite all that SATAN can do ,JESUS has promised that ALL those that GOD has given to him will come to him and no one can take them from him, and this is our comfort and our faith......may GOD continue to bless you .......BRIAN
Follow - email me when people comment